Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Primary Chaincase

I have a 1940 WM20 fitted with a post war primary chaincase. I was going to replace it with,
what I believed to be the correct wartime one. However, when I offer the new chaincase up the clutch
cover dome fouls on the chaincase. Does anyone know if there are two wartime styles of cover with
different depths of clutch "bulge"? TIA Chris

email (option): chrisharrison45@yahoo.co.uk

Re: WM20 Primary Chaincase

The C Series covers (C10/11 etc.) have a shallower clutch dome as the clutch used is not so wide..It's quite noticeable visually if you place your post war one and the other one side by side....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, that explains it, as you say a noticeable difference. Post war one back on then until I find a war time one. Chris

email (option): chrisharrison45@yahoo.co.uk

An easy mistake which I've made in the past myself :laughing:....I remember I got all excited when I bought a NOS cover at a jumble only to find the same thing when I tried to fit it..From memory I think the level plug is in a different position as well isn't it?....Ian:relaxed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There is also an M group outer chain case which was for the pre war M group with the 6 spring clutch. This also has the shallower dome but otherwise is exactly the same as a WD M20 outer chain case.

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Nieuwe pagina 1