Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield seat

I’m pretty sure the seat which I have on my WD/CO/B is wrong, as it has extension pieces coming off the nose to set the saddle position back with reference to the mounting point. Consequently the springs are way off aligning with the spring mounts. Can send me a picture And the dimensions of the correct seat for the WD/CO/B. I have seen factory pictures which show the CO with two different types of seat, one higher than the other.

Also, can anyone suggest where to get decent seat covers as I will need one for my CO and James ML.

Many thanks,

Tom

email (option): tomillward@hotmail.com

Re: Royal Enfield seat

The early WD/CO used a Terry seat that was only used by Royal Enfield. It had a sheet steel “nose” which makes it easy to recognise. Later WD/COs used the “universal” saddle, just lake all the “late” WD motorcycles. That’s also the saddle in the old pictures where they compared two different heights.

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Re: Royal Enfield seat

Brilliant, thanks Jan, and thanks for the pictures. I now know what I’m looking for. Does anyone know where I can get a new or original seat of the standard late pattern, I’m assuming they are the same as fitted to all/most WD bikes?

email (option): tomillward@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1