Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear stand disassemble

What is the easiest way to disassemble the rear stand and should the rear wheel and sprocket has to disassembled for a BSA M20??

email (option): a.treep2@upcmail.nl

Re: Rear stand disassemble

You have to remove the wheel and brake drum to undo the left side bolt. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thank you.

Regards

email (option): a.treep2@upcmail.nl

Hello,

Are there any modifications that have been tried and successful to not require tire and brake drum removal? I have recently lost the rear stand bolt on my M20 and dreading so much disassembling for one nut.
Thanks,
James

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

From memory Jim, I don't think so. I think a quick glimp will determine that the wheel has to come out. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Taking the back wheel out is a pretty quick job, you have to do it when you get a puncture after all, and keeping the hub and brake drum in one isn't a terrible option, as Ian often says that way you can Locktite the 3 bolts and not worry about then disappearing as you go along.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I tried to replace a stand bolt without taking the stand off not long ago. Possessed of all the tools, obscenities & tongue in the right position I nonetheless failed utterly. I think the stand has to come off. The problem then of course is to remount that bloody spring.

Hello all,

I went to put my rear stand back on today and the weld in the lower right hand corner broke loose. I ended up with two pieces in my hand!
Now it must be welded together again. My question is, what is the inside to inside dimension at the bolt end of it. Thankfully this happened when it was in my hands and not while trying to put the bike up on the stand. I hope everyone is doing well and healthy.

Thanks,
James

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

In the Technical section under heading spring puller by Hans MULLER shows a simple tool you can make up to put the rear stand spring on or off. I made one up and works a treat.

email (option): tknalder@iinet.net.au

Nieuwe pagina 1