Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph colore info

Ciao my BSA friends, Hope you are all fine.
I write you because I am restoring a Triumph but I have a doubt with the colors....could you so kind to help me in order to understand all the possibile colors for this frame? Thanks a lot my friend.
Frame Number Is 72673
I can send a picture by mail.
Thanks Devis

email (option): devis.vadori@gmail.com

Re: Triumph colore info

Devis, so far I can't find that frame number. If you want to send me a picture of the bike and a clear picture of the frame number and any number on the frame under the saddle, maybe we can help. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ah Devis I received your engine picture, but I feel you are on the wrong site. Here we are mostly focused on WW2 military motorcycles. I'm sure there must be sites and forums to cover 1950s/60s civilian Triumphs on a Google search
Regards Ron
IMG-20200522-WA0000

Yes, could someone indicate me a forum for 1950s/60s bikes?
Thanks a lot to all.
Devis

Hi Devis...'The Brit Bike Forum'....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I doubt this is a WD bike Natham. I think it's a 1956 6T the colour should be shell blue tank and mudguard.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nathan Saunders
The War Department was such until the mid-1960's and arguably any ex-WD machine in service after the formation of the Ministry of Defence would still count as a War Department machine. So fire away.
You do seem to like an argument Nathan! I clearly stated that we are "MOSTLY" focused on WW2 motorcycles. The only post war WD Triumph's that I can think of are the TRW's and maybe the French Mountain Cub. We might as well invite P.W. Francis Barnett and Greeves as there were definitely 2 strokes during the war. Ron:rage:

Also post war Dutch Triumphs much beloved by our late friend Hans....
Interestingly, the Devonport Dockyard police here in Plymouth had Navy Blue Triumph T140s in the 70's...I remember seeing them running about the city on errands...

There were no 6Ts in service that I'm aware of...Ian

I guess we can't include the White Helmets Display Team (Les Harris) 750cc TR7Vs as they would be MoD as oposed to WD............

Sorry, couldn't resist chucking that grenade in :laughing:

Although I would dearly love to own one

['I guess we can't include the White Helmets Display Team (Les Harris) 750cc TR7Vs ...']

Yeh, we can...Here's a couple of pictures I took of the TR7s and the team at a private display put on in the last few months of the teams existence near the Harris headquarters in Devon, to commemorate the link between the team and Triumph...The end of an era... Ian

Nathan Saunders
Ron Pier
Nathan Saunders
The War Department was such until the mid-1960\\\'s and arguably any ex-WD machine in service after the formation of the Ministry of Defence would still count as a War Department machine. So fire away.
You do seem to like an argument Nathan! I clearly stated that we are \"MOSTLY\" focused on WW2 motorcycles. The only post war WD Triumph\'s that I can think of are the TRW\'s and maybe the French Mountain Cub. We might as well invite P.W. Francis Barnett and Greeves as there were definitely 2 strokes during the war. Ron:rage:
I was purely putting out a public service announcement. War Department Motorcycles don't just cover 39-45, I think they go back to WW1 through the 1960's, so anyone with a machine that falls into this category can post.
Oops, didn't realise that you had taken over the Forum Nathan... Congrats on being the new Admin! :clap:

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Acuto homine nobis opus est, qui pervestiget quid sui cives cogitent.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Sorry if I have created this discussion but this is my favorite forum. But do not worry, I am also working in a 3HW, so I hope you can "forgive" me.
Unfortunalty the rear frame has been modified....in the 50s someone cut the rear frame in order to introduce a spring sospention....now I have a hard restoration. In any case I want to say thank you to all of you, this is the best forum ever.
Your italian friend Devis.

Was your 3HW a Gruppo Velox conversion?....Ian

A 3HW is dearer to my heart Devis. :relaxed:

I've just changed the riders saddle on mine for the later war standardized Terry's and replaced the covers on both saddles with something more appropriate.

Following on today I've just finished replacing the saddle on my 5SW and with a NOS Rexene cover that I recently acquired.:+1: Ron
DSCF2857
DSCF2859

No Sorry.

DEVIS
No Sorry.
Was your 3HW a Gruppo Velox conversion?....Ian

No Sorry Ian.

Ron Pier
A 3HW is dearer to my heart Devis. :relaxed:

I've just changed the riders saddle on mine for the later war standardized Terry's and replaced the covers on both saddles with something more appropriate.

Following on today I've just finished replacing the saddle on my 5SW and with a NOS Rexene cover that I recently acquired.:+1: Ron

Bellissime. Top :heart_eyes:

Nieuwe pagina 1