Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bikes being used Mk.2.

AS this thread has proved unexpectedly popular and is taking half a lifetime to scroll through, here is a new start. Thanks to all who all who responded, some great photos and differing opinions, just what a forum should be.

Best wishes
Tony.

Re: Bikes being used Mk.2.

Here's two more getting used Tony...Some friends of mine last year...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Here's my M20 in the 80's...This was taken just before a 150 mile ride home from my sisters after Christmas...It turned out to be the coldest ride I've ever had...It started snowing about an hour after this photo was taken...

This was not long before I restored the bike the first time...Still as it came...Nato green, made up C number and tank marking etc...No one was too worried about the details in those days....The young lady sat on the tank now has two kids of her own and I seem to look considerably older as well....Ian:laughing:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Today we took a ride to Swanage sea front. Tim on WLC and me on WM20. Sat on the prom with flask and pie, watching the jet skis and canoodleists . We also had a long chat with Sammy Miller and his wife who were out and about at a loose end since the museum has been closed.
First ride in over 2 months:+1: Ron

DSCF2841

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Today I took my 5SW With its newly equipped period rear carrier out for a short spin and parked up under the old spreading Chestnut tree. :relaxed:

So much lighter than an M20, and I have to keep telling myself "One down and three up" Ron

DSCF2851

Sometimes it can be easier to take the light option.I've taken to using my little 1953 James j9 Commando trials bike to ride to work. The matchless is lovely,but its blinkin heavy to manhandle... Not sure which bike would be the best on fuel though.

Still running in the 1940 Model C, 150 miles covered now, and runs well, but a bit noisy! the silencing bit fell out of the original 80 year old silencer, they didn't make them like they used too even 80 years ago!!

And still an annoying oil seepage from either the tappet cover or the valve lifter cable, only when higher speeds over 40 mph. are reached, but have to find a solution, how do other WD-C owners cope with that?

More news to follow about this special bike, but got to get my pictures in order first, they did not migrate all to the new laptop, only 225000, 10% still on the old laptop!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welb**e.net

Lex after your contract, they did away with the brass acorn cup idea and introduced a threaded adjuster into the barrel. By the WD/CO's they also included a rubber Johnie....Still they can leak. I've filled the Johnie full of silicon in an attempt at stopping the leak.......Am I on the right forum for this. :flushed: Ron

Hi Ron

The rubber sleeve gets hardened by heat and leaks even more, have you found a source of replacements, would hate to buy a cable just for the sleeve.

Rick

Yes Rick, I've found that although its a bit longer, the same rubber Johnie as fitted to the mag advance cable will do the job. I've added them to my order a couple of times when buying cables from JJ Cables. Ron

Thanks Ron.. must engage brain and look at other side of bike and would have been clear solution.

Yesterday I took the old girl to the market for some essentials- corn chips and wine. Plus other stuff like milk, juice and bread. Not a daily rider but I try to get her out once a week or so. Most people don't notice as I pass by but the ones who do give an enthusiastic thumbs up.

email (option): moatjon [ at ] aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1