Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Civil defence DRs (Leeds area).

There is an ink stamp on the back with a photographers shop name from Leeds.
<

Re: Civil defence DRs (Leeds area).

Nice line-up of some desirable pre war bikes! Thanks for sharing Steve!
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

That's a great picture, is it clear enough to zoom in to see if they have tax discs or Defence of the Realm certificates?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Great photo Steve, quite a few Velos by the look of it, and some lucky chap has an International Norton.

Can you make out the name of the photographers shop, I'm near Leeds, it would be interesting to know. I suppose the location of the photo shoot will have been flattened by now to make way for a retail park or yuppie flats but I can remember lots of yards and buildings like these when I first became interested in old bikes and cars, little workshops where you could get most things done and old stuff still to be found. Happy days.
All the best,
Tony.

Had a look with a magnifying glass but can't make out what's on the tax disc holders, some of the riders look like they have the steel type DR helmets, I've seen some dated 1942 made by BMB which would make the photo 1942 at the earliest, in the top right hand corner is what looks like the steel frame of a gas holder, so could be taken at a gas work in the Leeds area!

Hi Tony,this is the ink stamp on the back,its a bit blurred,might be able to just make it out.

Oh wow, what a great picture and a fantastic line up of bikes. How many can we identify :-)

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

And who's going to put the reg. nos into DVLA to see if any still survive?
Thanks to Steve and Rick for the photographers ID and location, I'll call at the Kitty Cafe next time I'm in Leeds, when it is safe of course.

Tony.

Nieuwe pagina 1