Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear wheel , frame wrong size ? HELP

Got a basket case on going project, I have just got rear wheel sorted out and went to try it on the bike . On the back right side on the manual etc you fit a Hub packing washer , I have no spa e to do that , even if I remove the hub adjusting plate it still won't fit.

Can some one tell me the overall length it should be between the frame. Did any later versions come with a diffrant rear hub set up or is this the wrong rear frame.

Mine measures 17 1/2 cm just under 7 inch

email (option): chriscool@sky.com

Re: Rear wheel , frame wrong size ? HELP

Try this. Looks like you are missing about 1/2". If you slacken all the bolts underneath and on top that holds the back frame to the front, you might be able the spread it to get the wheel in. But really you should have checked the frame for alignment beforehand as they are prone to get bent. Also check the technical section for the gauge for doing it.
http://www.wdbsa.nl/BSA%20frame%20alignment%20tool.htm
Ron
M20framedimensions-1

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Looks like the chain side has got a bend in it as both that lead to the u clamp are bend slightly, I take it they are not meant to be there.

Luckily I have only got the engine and gearbox in so will take it to bits and try and straighten it , do you think a bit of heat will sort it out.

email (option): chriscool@sky.com

This one was a bit bent over one way and I straightened it cold by trial and error working on one side at a time with a long crow bar, and that gauge shown in the technical section. Ron

Indian-S-142

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1