Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3HW carburettor

Dear all,

My 1942 Triumph 3HW (contract number C13948) with matching numbers (frame number TL 31410, engine number 41410) was found with an Amal 275 B/1J carburettor.

Although the "Triumph Motor Cycle Replacement parts for 3HW Machines" that I have found (contract S2114, frame nos. TL 36918 to TL 41417) states 276 AD/1J as the correct carb, I strongly believe that this 275 is what was originally installed on my bike.

Does any Triumph 3HW owner has such a carb?

Is there anyone with a contract C13948 literature that can inform if the 275 carb is the right one for this contract's bikes?

Many thanks,

Kostas

IMG-7670

20181129-154700-HDR

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Triumph 3HW carburettor

Kostas, I don't know Triumphs, but the Amal listings show that the 275B/1J combination was fitted to the some Ariel W/NGs.

Hi Kostas,have got a drivers handbook from contract 294/C/13948,but it only gives maintenance tasks on the carburetter,also got a spares book from the same contract and have shown page twenty from it which gives some info.

Below is a page from one of the other five spares books (all later contracts) I have,which are all the same part numbers.

Steve S.
Hi Kostas,have got a drivers handbook from contract 294/C/13948,but it only gives maintenance tasks on the carburetter,also got a spares book from the same contract and have shown page twenty from it which gives some info.

Below is a page from one of the other five spares books (all later contracts) I have,which are all the same part numbers.
Steve,

Many thanks for your answer and all the trouble you went for uploading those pictures!

Do you own a 3HW?

Can I contact you off forum? Please email me!

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Kostas Amal lists your carby for 1940 to 1945 EX WD as 276AD/1J which has a one inch hole where the air goes in and also one inch hole where it fits onto the cylinder with a 150 main jet, 6/4 throttle slide, 107 needle jet and the 1J bowl which you have. The actual carby fitted at the moment being a 275B/1J was fitted as suggested to Ariel 1940 to 1945 350 OHV Model W/NG which has a 7/8 inch hole where the air goes in and where it fits onto the cylinder with a 120 main jet, 106 needle jet and 5/4 throttle slide and the same 1J bowl. You can use the same float bowl as it is the right one for both carbys but you are best to look for a 276 carby body complete as it will be the right one as a 275 is a bit small for your bike although it may have been fitted for years.

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1