Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amal thread sizes

I have just uploaded a page from John Parker about Amal thread sizes. You can find Johns info on the technical section page.

http://wdbsa.nl/technical_section.htm

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Re: Amal thread sizes

Thanks Steve (and Henk)....Very useful information as I frequently make replacement parts for my bikes when building 'specials'.....

Out of interest and a bit 'off topic' do you know the thread size into the main body for the jet holder on a Mk1 concentric? (1000 series)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

how about that little screw on the float bowl by the banjo? Seems to have a variety of names (Drain plug / screwed plug / plug screw 64/353 )

It's too small to measure with my thread gauge and I never seem to be able to find a bolt that will fit there.

Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Hi Ian cannot help with the thread on a MK 1 as never repaired the thread on a MK1 body where the jet holder fits and I cannot ask Burlen as they are closed at the moment

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com

Hi Peter i cannot find the tap that i used for that small thread but will keep looking and let you know.

I'm quite sure it's 3/16" John. and Martyn re-taps them to 5mm if the thread is iffy and makes the corresponding 5mm plug. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron yes you are right I found my 3/16 tap and tried it in an old bowl and yes it fitted snugly.

3/16 x???......Ian:relaxed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

BSF 32tpi??? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1