Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rescuing my WD 16H Part 2

Painting the rear wheel :) really happy with the result 3 coats of Simoniz Red Oxide Primer, 3 coats of War Paint Farrant Brown and 3 coats of Hycoat Matt Lacquer. At the same time I touched my mudguard up where it had picked a few chips up which was a good opportunity to practice technique.

Hope you are all safe and enjoying the lil mini videos feel free to subscribe an check out the other 20 mini videos in the series playlist.

Got one of the levers on the way via Olav including a clamp so that's one down one to go :)

Here's the link to the latest video

https://youtu.be/ce-BJoimF7A

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Quite a decent workshop day today got the new tyres fitted with the original levers from my 650ss :) feels great to see her sat on the wheels again!

Next step is to paint the Raf Erm and roundels on + the Norton logo that'll be exciting!!

https://youtu.be/rheJuK1Ip-g

Jumping the gun here slightly as the video isnt uploaded yet but was excited to show you all started to put her original Raf numbers back on! Super exciting an humbling moment. Brush painting and well for that extra bit of detail :)

Midnight an I'm peeling stencils off some glue to rub off once it dries

Super happy with how her original Raf erm number came out :) brush painted with a stencil. Next step is roundels thinking of just the one on the front mudguard seen a substantial amount of raf Nortons with the roundel on the front guard both solos and sidecar combinations like mine. + the erm and no Norton logo.

1 picture with the erm norton logo an the roundel on the tank.

An a few with just the roundel an a few with just the erm.

Latest video :) Painting the original Erm Raf number onto the tank an starting the roundels had a few hickups along the way but getting there with it :D

Been really interesting learning how to do the tank number painting. Hope you all enjoy.

https://youtu.be/I2vmGliCBpE

Spent today putting the Norton waterslide transfers on and hand painting the Raf roundels on shes really starting to come to life now!!
Emotional moment seeing her original Raf number an the roundels starting to go on!
Thanks again to everyone that's been advising as I go along :)

Just another correction lads I was referring to her original raf wartime number as an erm that was wrong :) should just be referred to as the original raf wartime number thanks to Dave for passing some research onto me was getting my terms mixed up.

In other news got the headlight with blackout on the way so that should be with me in the next few days so I can get it painted an on.

Credit to Rik as usual, I just asked the question.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Well cheers lads I'm constantly learning :D be lost without you all.

I hadd totally miss read it on that page I sent you mate nice to be learning the correct terms for stuff just re read the email trail from Geoff an he referred to it like you guys when he gave me my raf number. Sometimes I can get a bit mixed up on stuff like that heavily dyslexic.

Job for tomorrow is to get the white an red painted on the tank roundels, then that's all done super excited to see how its gonna look.

All my levers are here to so gotta get hunting for the throttle an horn button an that's the bars finished after that!

Looking forward to getting the mag back on as well just want to pop the timing cover off an check that all out. Does anyone know a stockist for the screws that go on the bottom of the mag plate. Looks like mine have had some hammer over the years.

Big bits left to get are a field stand rear carrier, racks and bags+ pillion seat an footrest amp meter an a few other bits an pieces gonna inspect the carb tomorrow as well.

Finished the Raf roundels today super humbling seeing them + her original wartime Raf number.
They have really dried back since these pictures an are a superb deep dull matt!
I'll get the camera out tomorrow an take some propper pics.

Thanks again to everyone who's been giving me advice :)

Got into the engine tonight an shes had a new oil pump at some point an it all looked pretty good bar one bit of damage to the timing cover that I've gotta look at fixing.

Tomorrows job is to paint the rear stand an my headlight if it turns up although that might take a few days an start working out what screws an bolts I need to order that I'm short on.

Nieuwe pagina 1