Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tyre Pressures

The quoted pressures for wartime tyres are definitely not suitable for modern tyres...

Wartime pressures in modern tyres can make the bike pretty unstable...The Dunlop K70 Gold Seal tyres favoured by many current riders for example, have relatively weak sidewalls and rely very much on internal pressure for stiffness...Getting a puncture in a K70 soon illustrates that point...

Sometimes originality isn't the best plan!!..:laughing: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

The tyres fitted on mine are the Ensign, they were on it when I got the bike.What would be the recommended pressures to run these at, 14st sat astride it :)

Thanks
Dave

I have an Avon on the front of my M20 and a Mitas on the back. i run around 25 on the front and 30 or just over on the rear. It works fine for me but you will have to experiment yourself. I think your Ensign's will have fairly soft tyre walls as the Mitas on the rear of mine.

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

I'm running 30psi front and rear with Mitas tyres. I'm usually 2 up but even solo it handles well.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks Tim. I've just replaced my rear wheel and taken off and replaced the tyre back onto the new wheel , yes they do have soft walls very easy to change which was a pleasant surprise .

Dave

Thanks Horror , that's another thing I need to find out what's a good all round weather tyre to fit to the M20's ? As you will have probably realised I'm new to the BSA M20 scene and its still a big learning curve I'm on , 2 strokes have been my thing in the past myself racing (20yr ago) and now both my lads do it .

Dave

From racing a two stroke to riding an M20, now that is a big difference....

Aye its certainly opened my eyes up :laughing: its certainly a different beast to ride

Nieuwe pagina 1