The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hans Muller †

Thanks for posting that Sven...
The one thing Hans said that I remember was in answer to my observation that many Dutch people are very tall...He replied ..'It's natural selection...In a land that is mainly below sea level it's the tallest that survive...'....Ian:relaxed:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Mar 27, 2020 - 5:41PM
Quote ReplyHans....
I'm sorry to have to report that Hans Muller has passed away...I was contacted by his family today with the news...

It's fair to say he was a true gentleman and his loss is another break with the history of the liberation in the Netherlands... His determination to get Don Fife's name entered onto the Canadian war memorial can also only be admired...It wouldn't have happened without him....A sad day...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Rob Miller
Mar 27, 2020 - 5:52PM
Quote ReplyRe: Hans....
Very sad to here that Ian, he was a true gentleman, my condolences to his family.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Ron Pier
Mar 27, 2020 - 6:06PM
Really sad news. What a gent. I help him acquire some NOS oil pipes for his M20 just a couple of weeks ago, which he was still working on to get it fully renovated to bequeath to his grandson. Ron
Don-Fife5-2

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Jan
Mar 27, 2020 - 8:00PM
Rest in peace Hans. I have been fortunate to have known you, to have been in your lovely workshop. Fond memories...

My condolences to your family.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Rik
Mar 27, 2020 - 8:09PM
Sad news at a sad and difficult time. Rest in Peace, Hans.
John O’Brien
Mar 27, 2020 - 8:45PM
So sad to hear this

Hans was a gentleman & always most helpful to everyone imparting his knowledge & experience - myself included as I began my custodianship of my m20 all those years ago now

His recall of being liberated as a young boy in Amsterdam always stuck with me

RIP Hans, it was a privilege to know you & a pleasure always to meet you

Hope there are motorcycles where you are

Jo’b😢😢😢
email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Tom Steele
Mar 27, 2020 - 9:20PM
Sorry to hear this rip Hans.

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Horror
Mar 27, 2020 - 9:55PM
I'm sorry to hear this sad news, RIP Hans

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Samuel Cormier
Mar 27, 2020 - 10:16PM
Very sad news. I never met Hans, but worked with him on the Don Fife event. He was a super friendly fellow who offered me the use of his M20 at any time and for any events which I would choose to attend in Europe. Never would I have accepted such an offer, but I know he was absolutely sincere about it. Rest in Peace, Hans.

email (option): sam-cormier@hotmail.com

Lex Schmidt
Mar 28, 2020 - 4:45AM
Very sad news indeed!

May he rest in peace! Visited him several times the last ten years, always nice coffee and biscuits, and very nice stories!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

Mick
Mar 28, 2020 - 9:49AM
Sorry to hear this. I never met him but he was always helpfull and a true BSA fan.
Rest in peace, Hans.

Michiel W
Mar 28, 2020 - 11:15AM
I also remember his forum posts of his yearly visit to the Canadian War Cemetery in Holten, always with lots of respect and flowers.

He really expressed his thanks to our liberators.

Been at his home once, had a nice chat and walk around his workshop and discussed his M20, he wanted his bike in perfect condition to hand it over to his grandson, hope that his plan did work out...

Ray
Mar 28, 2020 - 11:30AM
Sad news indeed - RIP Hans.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Pratap Henry
Mar 28, 2020 - 11:37AM
Very very sad to hear about it.

When I first got the M20 and when I knew nothing about it Hans sent a CD with multiple pictures and technical documents all the way to India.

My very first knowledge about the M20s were from the CD he sent over.
When asked about the postage and handling expenses he very kindly refused.

Will miss him very much...

Pratap Henry

email (option): prataphenry@gmail.com

Stephen Foster
Mar 28, 2020 - 11:56AM
Very sad news .

Rest in peace Hans ..

email (option): s.foster11@blueyonder.co.uk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hey Hans, God speed old chap.

Sorry to hear of his passing, we met and had a great time in Normandy together when a passing hello ended in Hans getting his tools and spanners out to show and help me with a few things. I will never forget your White Polar Bears, finding out why they were so special to him. Glad we stayed up a little late at the bar one night.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

I am sorry to hear of the passing of Hans. I enjoyed hit contributions to this forum. May he rest in peace in motorcycle heaven.

email (option): leonhop3_at_planet_dot_nl

Wow
Very bad news
I dealt with him and he was a very good man - I considered him like my older brother
I hope that God will be in heaven and bliss
The family has the most sincere solace

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

This is news you never want to hear but inevitable in the end.
I met him first time on a bus trip to Stafford organised by the Dutch BSA club many years ago.
We sat beside each other where he told me lots about Triumphs and I had some info on Nortons.
When I told my main interest was the military Norton he started telling about his personal experience of the liberation of Amsterdam.
In the end he had tears in his eyes indicating the enormous impact those events had on a little boy.
Something we cannot really imagine ourselfs not having been there.

I do not know (anymore?) if he was present on "de Dam" square when the shooting started on may 7th, killing 30 civilians through German machine gun fire. My aunt (a nurse then) was and she was equally impressed.

Polar Bears liberated my home town (Utrecht) but at that time there was not much fighting.

Hans, you are one of the persons I will never forget,

RIP

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

R I P and God Bless Hans

Rest in peace my friend .

email (option): evandeweerthof@yahoo.com

We Will Remember Him.
Rest in Peace

email (option): thb-support@hotmail.nl

Just saw a reply on a Facebook group that Hans had passed, came here to check.
Had a couple of great conversations with him last year, sad news.
RIP sir.
Phill.

I remember that he created a website with tips for working on the WM20.

Looked for it several times over but could no longer find it. It was a great resource.

Hope that he will be riding the trails of the last frontier without worrying about flat tires and fouled spark plugs.

Wait up for me Hans, I am not far behind.

Nieuwe pagina 1