Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Norton Big 4 build

Ron, thanks for posting this. I wish I could work at that speed! I haven't got any further with my Big 4 yet but this video has spurred me on. I need to get a couple of other projects finished first, however I did pick up this new replica body from Michel at Stoneleigh so at least thats a step in the right direction. You'll notice there's a big gap under the sidecar body, I'm still looking for a chassis or any parts thereof, no matter how rusty, damaged or broken they may be.

P1010822

Hi Tony,

I have a spare Norton chassis that I want to sell. Contact me off forum

Cheers,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I also have a few Big 4 spares. I really want to sell these in one lot, but could split them into a couple of lots, and probably collection or meet up, when freedom of movement returns. Email me if interested in any of it. Ron
DSCF2192
DSCF2598<

DSCF2599
NOS chaincase can be for sale as a seperate item.(16H/Big4)
DSCF2274

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

There's some parts missing from your pile now!

Sven, the Big 4 chassis is totally different to the 16H type, I do have some parts of the chassis left maybe, but sold most of that 2 years ago. I do have a front brake plate for sale, if you need one, they are different from 16H.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

There's some parts missing from your pile now Ron!

Sven, the Big 4 chassis is totally different to the 16H type, Tony, I do have some parts of the chassis left maybe, but sold most of that 2 years ago. I do have a front brake plate for sale, if you need one, they are different from 16H.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi🤯🤯.net

Lex Schmidt
There's some parts missing from your pile now!

Sven, the Big 4 chassis is totally different to the 16H type, I do have some parts of the chassis left maybe, but sold most of that 2 years ago. I do have a front brake plate for sale, if you need one, they are different from 16H.

Cheers,

Lex
The SWD Big 4 sidecar chassis is totally different to that of the Model G sidecar chassis fitted to 16Hs but the chassis attachments to motorcycle frame are the same as are the front and rear sidecar body springs and tie bars. The SWD Big 4 sidecar chassis also differed from the Model G in that it had fittings for friction dampers to the sidecar body whereas the Model G did not have these.

Here's a pre-war Norton Chassis I sold to Sven some years ago. (Not SWD) Ron

16H-035

Ron Pier
Here's a pre-war Norton Chassis I sold to Sven some years ago. (Not SWD) Ron

A couple of observations Ron - the front lower sidecar fitting seems to be missing - I am not sure that the front springs used hangers to suspend the tie bar - my Model G sidecar chassis certainly did not have the hangers on the front springs - I am not sure that the rear sidecar fitting is original. I thought it would be the same as the SWD Big 4 rear sidecar fitting.

Keith that first picture was taken before I'd made modifications to the front springs and removed the hangers and I also fitted the 4th attachment point. The rear fitting was just something I made up from parts I had, with the intention of replacing with a better part when it came along. But I decided that one Norton sidecar outfit was enough, especially as it opened up room for another bike!! Ron
16H-042

Thanks for the confirmation Ron - did not want Tom Steele lead astray as he searches for a sidecar chassis for his 16H.

Hi Ron,

I don't want to spoil your merchandise but that is not a B4 saddle frame, something BSA?

Cheers,

Rob

www.wdnorton.nl

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1