Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sectioned engines/gearboxes....Opinions please!

What's the story on this one?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,as far as I know the WD/CO sectioned bike was for sale on milweb? about two years ago for I think £10,000 or offers?,it may have been on sale in either Spain or Portugal.

It was for sale in Portugal. The Portugese Army has had some WD/COs after the war. Must have been one of these, sectioned for training purposes.

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Norton related parts/engines etc. of this period and later are often at a premium compared to other makes...I guess it's the price to be paid for the hype, which has endured over time...:relaxed: .....Ian

Some nice usable bits on that engine, cams, followers, rockers and posts and the rocker pivots. If you needed those parts i suppose it's not out of the way price wise. Some of those parts would quieten my engine down a little.

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

The good thing is Tim, you could swap your worn out parts and still have a nice cutaway engine for display :-)

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Very true Horror. i missed that one. Luckily my parts arn't worn out yet but not as good as the ones in that engine. I doubt it sold to be used as a display engine again, not with those bits in anyway.

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

I've become aware of this one via a forum member...These things are everywhere!!!...1939 C10?....Ian

Yes Ian. From the 1940 model year and despatched to the War Office on 9th Sept 1939. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1