Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quickest paint job ever!!

I bought this M20 off a nice lady in Melksham who's 83 year old father had died after owning the bike since the 70's and using it as daily transport to work at the Rolls Royce aero engine plant in Bristol. When we got it home I drained the crankcase (just an eggcup full) put some petrol in and it started 2nd kick after not being run for over 3 years. I pumped the tyres up and Tony took it for a run and never brought it back.....He wants to keep it! It runs a dream, the old Rolls engineer really looked after the mechanics.

Tony decided he wanted a quick paint job and stripped the bike down a week ago, gave everything a quick rub down and spray with etch primer rattle cans and brought all the lumps round to me. The engine and gearbox never left the frame, he just masked them up. I sprayed everything and he's assembling it right now (with new tyres and brake shoes). He wants it war weary and a nod to this B&W picture which is only 41 numbers away from his. So during my solitary confinement I've been putting the markings on today. I'll post a final picture when it's finished in a few days time.

The colour he's chosen is "Goose turd bogey green by moonlight" Ron

8820-BD0-D-8-DA5-49-A8-BDC7-3-C2-A1-EA7-DAD0

Tony

DSCF2576

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Quickest paint job ever!!

Very cool Ron! Another ace paint job :) That's a cool original picture as well it's so cool finding even close pictures number wise to bikes.

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Nice colour scheme as it was !

The PTO registration should be on a Harley ! :smile:

PTO 7OG is for sale on Carandclassic.co.uk, off the road since 71,wrong box but original paint, only about 5 miles away from me in Dudley West Midlands.

Got the reg no wrong should be PTO 704G.

Well I know where PTO 86G is. Sat in my garage. Oddly enough the tank is being painted and the old C number is being painted back on as we speak.

I am PTO 73G registered 1968 Dawson's Nottingham

Here's where the photo taken, 1 Rue du Vire, Tinchebray.

Tinch

Tony, self isolating in the New Forest yesterday. I'm looking forward to surviving and getting back to normal and ride to that building in Normandy for a re-enactment shot. Ron
NF
T2

Here is another famous photo Ron, taken just a bit further back behind from where the photographer is standing, you can just see the door way on the corner of the building, visable in the modern day street shot, there must be more photos taken in this series/roll of film out there some where.

le-canton-de-tinchebray-libere-cap-sur-flers

free image hosting website

Regards Gary

Definitely a meeting of British and US MP's in that street Gary. Always good to have a mission/place to ride to in Normandy. Cheers Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1