Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic gearbox query...

This one's off topic but does anyone have a swinging arm BSA gearbox in pieces at the moment...B31/33, A7/A10 type...

If so, I need to know the outside diameter and thickness of part number 67-3161 'Kickstart Ratchet Pinion Sleeve Washer'...

Here's hoping!...Ian:smile:

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Off topic gearbox query...

Ian ,

I have no means of measuring this item at the moment as I will be staying with My Mother but if You are in the Lancashire area You are very welcome to call or arrange a loan as I have a gearbox in pieces ?

Sorry I cant be more help but My Mum isnt very well & needs My attention at this time .

email (option): s.foster11@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Steve, Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I'm in South Devon....Shame I don't still live in Clitheroe!...I hope your mother is OK...Ian

Hi Ian. I have a box load of S/A gear box bits I will look tomorrow to see if I have the spacer.

Thanks Ian...The layshaft thrust washer behind 1st. gear and the thrust washer I have described are very similar...I think the layshaft washer is a little thicker (about .030" thicker approx.) and slightly smaller in diameter than the kick start pinion sleeve washer....Ian

Hi Ian. The spacer is 1.66mm thick and 28.75mm in diameter the centre hole which is a loose fit is about 19.2mm done with a vernier. Hope this is all ok. Ian

Hi Ian,
In old money. Outside dia 1.1/8 thickness 1/16 got one here if you want it,
PM me and I can post it to you FOC,
Regards Tom Green

email (option): rustytomm20@hotmail.com

Thanks to you both for taking the trouble to check it out, it confirms my original thoughts....Tom, I'd like to take you up on your generous offer...I'll get in touch off forum...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1