Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20 cush nut

Just started stripping down my M20 for a total restoration project. Having problems removing the 4 sectioned castled nut from the cush drive shaft. Lock nut washer behind is flat, spring can be compressed by struggling unlocking the nut. Is the thread on this cush nut opposite from the clutch side or will it need some heat.? I am also looking to make the special socket with the 4 off inserts if that will help but not sure on the thread direction. Can anyone advise.? Many thanks.

email (option): dweironline@outlook.com

Re: BSA M20 cush nut

The thread is a right hand one so it undoes anti clockwise...The nut should have been fully tightened against the end of the engine sprocket sleeve so it is 'locked'...Usually once you have moved it a bit it will come undone quit easily as the spring pressure decreases...No heat is normally required....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian,

Thank you for your quick confirmation. Shall try harder!

email (option): dweironline@outlook.com

I still have some cush nut and clutch sprocket nut sockets. Selling for an American forum member. Email me for prices if interested. Ron

M20-135

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron interested in buying the BSA M20 cush drive nut and single spring nut removal tools that you have for sale what is the cost ? and what is the 2 pin tool used for ? also are you located in AUSTRALIA ? Can you e-mail me yamah000@yahoo.com
thanks Kerry

The two pin tool is probably for the gearbox sprocket nut....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

KERRY
Hi Ron interested in buying the BSA M20 cush drive nut and single spring nut removal tools that you have for sale what is the cost ? and what is the 2 pin tool used for ? also are you located in AUSTRALIA ? Can you e-mail me yamah000@yahoo.com
thanks Kerry
Robb is not producing the tools anymore. All I have now is the cush drive nut socket (£22 plus P&P) and the special headstock bearing drift.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1