Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rescuing my WD 16H

Just a quick one guys, was considering using aerosols, but started looking at HVLP electric spray guns, just wondering has anyone used one before :) If so any preference for brand or for nozzle sizes?

Gonna check the clutch out later and look at getting the magneto removed ready to source the right one. Are there any codes on the correct Dynamo's?

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Re: Rescuing my WD 16H

Personally I consider aerosols to be a waste of time and money...Regarding spray guns there are some cheap guns that work OK and I've had them in the past but I found a quality gun to be a far better proposition that is easier to use and achieves a better result...

I use a Devilbiss gun and initially I just bought their 'economy' model figuring that they wouldn't supply a gun with poor performance even at the lower end of the range...

That turned out to be the case and I've been using the same gun for years now without problems...My cheap gun was demoted to primer and undercoat duties...

Spraying gives you far better coverage and the option to choose the paints/primers/undercoats and lacquers you want to suit the job..Once you have all the equipment you need to do a spray job you won't regret it...

I'm completely self taught but have now got pretty reasonable results...Here's my Harley Ferguson after I completely resprayed it..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1