Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fantasy????

How much was it advertised for?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

This is what it was listed as "1949 BSA zm20/b33" for £5750.

This is the sellers description
This 500 OHV engine was the 92nd built and put into the ridged M20 frame by BSA as an upgrade for the 500 side valve engine . With a declared manufactured date of 1949 it was used by the forces and reg UK 2016..Frame no.ZM20 4410....Engine no.ZB33 192..I've replaced inner/outer gearbox seals and bearings, striped and checked brakes,wheel bearings, clutch ,chains and sprokets (see pics) mag is good starts first kick..I've ridden and shown it at vintage rally's for 3yrs For sale due to back injury whitch shows no sign of improving . ...£5750 ovno

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well, not a military machine as far as I am aware...However, rigid framed M33s of this period are quite sought after so it is definitely a bike someone would want...
Regarding the price, I think it's probably around £1000-£1250 pounds too optimistic if you want it...A bit more if you don't want it so much.
These days though it's hard to predict what any machine will fetch with any accuracy...
It's a shame he didn't take a bit more trouble and restore it as an M33...In that condition he'd have improved the chances of getting nearer to the money...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

As far as I can see the only thing wrong with this bike is its price and finish, if you want to pay the price you can repaint it, if you don't want to buy it it doesn't matter what colour it is. Although clearly not a WD machine it looks quite nice to me and with a rear stand and a few other bits it would be a good bike in the right hands.
Richard

email (option): richard177smith@btinternet.com

Yep! Anyone can paint their bike how they like. It's the sellers description of its military heritage that I would question. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1