Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Triumph 3hw wheel bearing!

Heeeep, can anyone point me right direction to replace my rear wheel bearings in my 3hw, can’t seem to find any for sale anywhere, is left and right bearing the same size?
Cheers simon

Re: Triumph 3hw wheel bearing!

Simon. The wheel bearings for these Triumphs are timkin taper, same both sides and smaller ones at the front. They have been extremely hard to find for years now. I've seen the small front bearings at over £100 each, but they're all dried up now. I'm out today but later I might be able to come up with numbers. But you could ask Darren Wrudd from this forum if he can help... john-fenwick@btconnect.com

or google "The Bearing Boys" I think they have a slimmer version which is acceptable as "Any port in a storm" Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron will try them ,

i have NOS original
if u interested i can send photos

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

Yes please can you send pic to simonsuzanne@Hotmail.co.uk
And 100 per would very much like to buy from you, how much per bearing ?
Many thanks simon

hi Simon,

if you have a lathe you can do the following :
buy bearings with the outer diameter as per existing inch size and metric 19 mm type 2RS eg .( KOGELLAGER 1635 2RS ) they cost around max 10 euro each.
then buy an piece of rod ( I payed 2,5 euro for 30 cm) that fits into the metric bearings. you have to cut thread with a die or your lathe at both end that fits new nuts available on the market ( eg UNF thread 3/4" x 16 UNF 19.05 mm ) you have to make make a bush that fits between the inner rings of the bearings ( I use gas pipe in suitable diameter. make distance bushes between bearings and breakplate and frame etc . also insert new modern oil seals (approx 3 euro each) and voila you never have problems with those bearings.

material is approx 40-50 euro , labour is for free if you do it yourselves....

good luck

Ruud

https://www.twenty4bearings.nl/1635-2rs-zen.html

email (option): ruud.klaui@gmail.com

Hello all,
I am in the final stages of research into the design of modern version tapered roller bearings and what would be required to fit them to replace the now obsolete 1178-1130 or 1163-1130.
Not far off and i will post my findings with references so that people can source their own or contact me for them if need be.
Been a while, but i wanted to cover all bases and am almost there.
Cheers all
Darren

email (option): d.wrudd at sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1