Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Control Lever Identification

Can someone identify the approximate date these Amal levers would originally have been in service?

Would they have been in common use on various makes or more specific?

Lastly, as it appears that I have two left-side clutch levers, would the clutch and brake be “handed” or was there just the one lever model used on both controls to simplify things?

Thanks,

JDE

14073020-4-FFE-4-B87-A005-730-F310-B591-C

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Re: Control Lever Identification

John I'd be happy to use those up to a later war period when the "standardized" Amal economy steel levers were adopted. Unfortunately I can't give a date for M20's (maybe Henk has an idea from his vast photo archive?)

And yes the brake and clutch levers are the same part, so effectively the brake lever is upside down.

Did you acquire these as a set or did you compile them from parts? As the heavy squarish blades remind me of Bowden levers! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron,
Many thanks for the feedback. The levers came from a pile of bits that once was an unbelievable worn out WM20 from Egypt.

Someone had added these levers to the pile as part of an effort to rebuild the machine; they have very little wear at the pivot screw so have not seen much use. I’m attempting to sort a bike out of the mess pictured below.

Cheers,

JDE

8-BBE8705-DF1-C-4-A67-A234-38-A91-B8-B41-D5

I guess that a set like yours is used on BSA's from around frame number WM20.24000.

I have 522 war time BSA photos so that doesn't really cover the complete range, so keep sending these BSA photos with clear tank numbers to complete the list.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk, Thank you...!

JDE

Nieuwe pagina 1