Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Currenty on my bench!!.

The paint is single pack polyurethane mat which I buy from a local firm. The colour is Khaki Green. There is no formula and I tint it myself by adding different colours by trial and error. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Very nice Ron!

email (option): gino_kerekes@yahoooo.co.uk

Lovely work Ron.
By the way I am thinking of having the girder forks rebuilt on the M20 as there is a alarming amount of play and was wondering if you knew who I could use ?
Regards
Paul

email (option): pauleastwood61@gmail.com

Paul there is no one that comes to mind that I would recommend for specific fork work....BUT! John Brewster manufactures spindles, bushes and headstock bearings for Triumphs and actually re-bushed a set of forks for a friends Triumph.

You could start with a new set of links from Russells, although I wasn't very impressed with the set I bought. But it is quite possible to make new pins and silver solder them into the links. Then re-bush the forks and ream them to size.

Worth a phone call to John though. Ron

Scan-20191214

Very nice Ron cracking progress :)

email (option): tjsblade@googlemail.com

Lex's tank has been blasted and had some braze and lead work and I need to check it for leaks before starting to shape it up. I've acquired some correct NOS taps and Jan is making the tank bolts. Ron
DSCF2367
DSCF2348

The tank was still leaking after the brazing, but is back for more repairs, hope it will be succesfull this time!

More progress on other fronts, let the pictures speak for themselves.

Still need the sidestand, if anyone has anything? I have the hinged end part (same as Norton) and the parts that bolts to the frame is being made, only the about 12" long "spike"is missing! (see last picture)

Thanks Ron! and cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Looks good lex another bike for in your living room:joy:

Hi Marcel. It depends if he marries one of his many girlfriends? All the bike bits indoors will have to stop then:smile:

Today I buttoned up the primary, foot rests and brake pedal. A problem with the brake rod as it's too short (must have been cut for the Triumph wheel that was in it?).....But I've made a start on the wiring. Ron

DSCF2379

Is that one of the MT110 I had Lex?

email (option): sam-cormier@hotmail.com

Got any more Sam?:yum:

I finished getting the awkward internal pull throttle on and working today. Not the sort of cable you'd want to replace at night on the road side :upside_down_face: Ron

DSCF2397

Samuel Cormier
Is that one of the MT110 I had Lex?
Sam, no it was another one, a complete black one, I found some years ago, seemed a shame to seperate the two parts after so many years together!!

It even works now!

And the front;

Let's hope the regulator will work too!

Nice work Ron!

Cheers,

Lex

Yes, that was a bit of a piece of work, must have been also the repro and original parts, that must all work together!

Cheers,

Lex

Look at the comparison pictures, you can't get more original than that!!

Also the rear brake rod arrived, and needed to be shortened by an inch, was for a WD-CO I believe, spring and nut now removed, as that was not fitted originally, the wing nut is original.

Behind the scenes, while Ron was getting his hands dirty, I have been studying pictures, manuals and parts lists, (and pestering Jan for info!) to get the best results on this restoration, now some more plated parts to fit, and the petrol tank, and fuel line, and I think it will be almost ready!?

I am however working on the side stand, that was also missing, just need to make the tapered tube now. Bolts are the tank bolts.

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1