Re: Rear rack

Hi Colin

I’ll get that done on Friday all well as I have a day off work

Br

Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Colin,

A very warm welcome to the hobby, you have come to the right place as there are some really friendly knowledgeable people on here that know their stuff.

You have also picked the best war department motorcycle of them all so well done you ! 😁

BSA deleted the rib on the rear mudguard in 1942, we believe this was to simplify manufacturing as the war ramped up. However they kept the rib on the front mudguard throughout the entire war. So your flat rear mudguard is correct for your 43 machine. But try not to get too bogged down with “originality” and “factory spec” as most machines have been rebuilt at least once if not several times throughout its military service well into the 60’s, then had long lives post war on civi street. It’s very common today to see M20’s with an entire array of parts that span across the war and post years .. Early , Mid & late features alike.

Give her a service,Check tighten All your nuts, and enjoy her!

Post a pic if you can.

Kind regards,

Mark

email (option): towersmark84@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for the welcome and info Mark.

IMG-7238

Right Ho. I now have a rear rack, its not an Indian one and looks original and correct for my bike. I don't however have the spacer/bolts to attach it. Does anyone have any or does anyone know the dimensions and sizes, I can make some at work.

ps this is all because the Mrs wants a pillion seat on the back, luckily I`ve got one of those as well.

Cheers Colin

Hi Colin

Apologies - I had to return to Ireland due to family issues - I only got back last night

I’ll get these to you in the week

Br
Job

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1