Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Triumph 3TW

The pictures of the bikes with the riders wearing the Barbour one piece riding suits were taken at the motorcycle training establishment in the Lake District and clearly show the two differing timing covers used for the varying alternator positions...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes and the production bikes had panniers!! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Is there just the one surviver,in the late 80s early 90s there were some parts for sale at the auto jumbles that used to be held at stoneleigh (twice yearly on Sundays),the parts may have come from the auction held at Meriden after the factory closed in January 1983,there were a lot of parts in the cellars which had been there since the end of the war (nos 3HW cylinder heads which I have two),the parts for sale at Stoneleigh as far as I can remember included engine parts,rider foot rests,petrol tank ,and other small parts,but no frame.

Steve as far as I'm aware, the 3TW at Beaulieu is the only survivor. I've also heard that there is another well known Triumph collector who has an engine and the engine that I posted pictures of was rescued from a grass mower in deepest Cornwall.

Thanks for that picture! Any more? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Steve S.
Is there just the one surviver,in the late 80s early 90s there were some parts for sale at the auto jumbles that used to be held at stoneleigh (twice yearly on Sundays),the parts may have come from the auction held at Meriden after the factory closed in January 1983,there were a lot of parts in the cellars which had been there since the end of the war (nos 3HW cylinder heads which I have two),the parts for sale at Stoneleigh as far as I can remember included engine parts,rider foot rests,petrol tank ,and other small parts,but no frame.
Steve,
Would you consider selling one of those 3HW nos cylinder heads of yours?

Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1