Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WB30 He’ s Havin a Laugh

:smiley: :smiley: Ian restored that bike and Tim bought it and hid it from Claudia in my museum for 4 years :smiley: :smiley: Ron
B30-020

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well, they are pretty rare with only about 150 of the later type (this one) being built, 100 for a completed Royal Navy contract and a number from another incomplete contract. Also around 100 of the earlier ones in prototype and pre production form...To date there are approx. 9 survivors I know of in varying condition/completeness...

I can vouch for the details of the rebuild on this one with many NOS parts used for the extensive refurbishment...(you even supplied the original gas paint John!!)...

However, I have to agree regarding the current price...It would require a certain level of obsession to pay that sort of money for it and there may well not be a candidate...A well funded museum or collection might take the plunge if they really wanted what is a very rare model for their collection...It's a very 'niche' market though!...

Saying that, although this is undoubtedly over priced IMO, I wouldn't pay the asking price for (particularly) a Welbike or a Big 4 outfit these days either and this is rarer than both of those...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I usually halve his price to get a feel for what an item is worth, so 26K becomes 13K or US$17,000. hmmm, still a bit high. I'd have to sell a couple speedos or ammeters to raise the money.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1