Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
USB option

I found a handy USB socket with an SAE plug end. Not sure if it would work on a 6V system but it does. Built-in voltmeter as well. I already have a hidden SAE cable on my bike to plug it into a charger, so this comes in handy for me when I'm on the road. thought some members might be interested. search on Ebay for "usb to sae adapter"

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Re: USB option

G'day Cas,
Was wondering about these on our 6V systems. I note that some sellers state voltage display range 0-48V and others state 8-28V, I take it you have the 0-48 item or does it not matter?

Interesting, will it run a Satnav or charge a phone at 6 volts ?

What's the world coming to?...Tell that to a WW2 dispatch rider and he wouldn't believe you!!:laughing: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

its listed as 12v - 48v. I'm no electrical guru but I figure it regulates to 5.7v so as long as the voltage inbound is more than that, it will still push out 5.7v. Like our Lucas regulators? I first tried to see if it would charge a USB battery pack and all went well, so then I took a chance and tried charging my cell phone. Again, no problem. Hopefully one of our electrical wizards can chime in?

Having a hidden SAE plug is rather handy for leaving a bike on a float charger as well as providing power to USB devices while on the road. the voltmeter is handy for checking the charge of the battery too. A secondary use is as a power supply for a hidden GPS tracker which I think is the best anti-theft device out there.

email (option): cas.vanderwoude@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1