The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dispatch Riders Coat Information please

Received message:

Well I’ve had this coat for twenty years and even though I’ve been into millitary vehicles and milliteria for thirty years I’ve never seen another new old stock dispatch riders coat and bearing that in mind I doubt that the army worried about whether a dispatch rider had to add holes to a belt.
Also the belt is not separate it is a sewn in original part of the coat and cannot be anything else but original.
But it’s doubtful that as it’s over 70 years old complaining to the manufacturer on behalf of the army wouldn’t really be an option
Again sorry you were disappointed that you thought that it was an issued and used coat (adjusted to fit the owner)
I’m v disappointed to see your dissatisfaction with the coat especially as it is a very rare item and I was quite sad to sell it.
Kind regards

And there you have it....
Paul

email (option): eastwood007@ntlworld.com

It really sounds as if this is a 'second' and that is perhaps why it was never issued...If you don't send it back then you have to decide whether to keep it as it is, sell it on as a rarity or finish the factory's job...

If you're not confident about doing the work, maybe talk to someone like Frank Brown who makes the canvas bags etc. I'm sure that he has the equipment for setting eyes and probably an original coat to work from.

Hi Guys,

I fitted some eyelets and it's now sold.
Thank you all for your help.

Best regards,
Paul

email (option): eastwood007@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1