Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless 1942 G3L front wheel bearing assembly

Ok I purchased a new axle from the Bearing Company in UK as my front axle bearings were badly worn on my 1942 G3L. I am mystified on assembly as to the part 11912 which is a spacing ring for felt washer. The felt washer 11909 fits into a shaped cup washer 11911. My question is the part 11912 the spacing ring fits on the outside of the cup washer but in my view is a rough fit as it only sits on part of the raised metal of the cup washer. Is this correct or am i doing something wrong. I am finding the BSA M20 parts and maintenance books were a lot easier to understand

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com at is wrong to discourage spam

Re: Matchless 1942 G3L front wheel bearing assembly

John I've often thought that the people who designed the Matchless upside down taper bearing assembly, should have gone back to the same drawing board that the others used!!

But here are some pages from my manual if you don't already have it? Can email them if you want.

BTW John I don't suppose you have a 74 (flange) carb or body with jet block for sale....I have a float bowl and the other parts. Ron
Scan-20191223
Scan-20191223-4
Scan-20191223-3

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Matchless 1942 G3L front wheel bearing assembly

Thanks Ron will send you an email. Your pages are different to mine. Much clearer.
regards
John

email (option): ukcarbsathotmail.com at is wrong to discourage spam

Nieuwe pagina 1