Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
British Women Go To War

I have submitted a picture for print consideration to a specialty house. It is the picture of the W.R.N.S-DISPATCH RIDER (on the Ariel), from page 8 of J. B. Priestley’s British Women Go To War.
The print house says that my digital copy would be pixelated at any size and are asking for a better copy if available.
Does anyone have a very good digital copy of this picture? I think that my copy is from me taking a picture of the picture.
Thanks,
Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Re: British Women Go To War

Is it this one? It's the best resolution that I have. She is WREN dispatch rider Joan Pallister. Ron

Wren

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

If you are intending to put it in a book I'm sure the Imperial War Museum would sell you a decent print along with the licence to use it.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Hi Ron and Rob,

No book on the burner. I have Great Big Canvas, an excellent U.S. print company, make vinyl prints that can be stuck to any wall with their specialty adhesive. Just take it out of the box and put it on. Pictures can be reused several times if you have to move them. I choose the no frame option. so it is border-less. I have several landscape pictures in my cave in the 3' x 4' range. They make for spectacular gazing. I have room for two more and want to display military pictures. The Ariel Girl and Road to Victory will be 16" x 20".

It's been quite a while since I posted a picture due to stubbornness, not wanting to sign up for another service provider. I have been doing another search on the forum for uploading but haven't seen it. No doubt it is here but where?

Ron and Henk, who also sent me Joan's picture, thank you but that is not the one. I will send you my copy via email and perhaps one of you would kindly post it.
Cheers,
Wade

Arielgirl

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

And after looking at that picture and then studying original B&W pictures I've come to the conclusion that they were fitted with plated handlebars up to some point! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have a question- does anyone know of a source for reasonable reproductions of the Triplex style goggles she's wearing? I've seen plenty over the top steam punk split lens faceted ones but I like the simplicity of these.

email (option): moatjon [ at ] aol.com

Those goggles do come up on eBay. Picked up several sets over the years for good prices. Some of them in original containers. Good luck.
Wade

I've bought a pair of these earlier this year;

http://onlinemilitaria.net/products/4014-US-M1938-Resistol-Tanker-Goggles/?bc=no

They're very comfortable to wear and the quality is very good. Beside that you don't have to 'preserve' them as a fragile old piece.

Good luck!

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1