The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tire Pressure gauge norton

Hello,
Can somebody help me with een photo of an tire pressure gauge of an norton b4,
Looking for one but don,t now how the look like.
Thanks.
Marcel jansen

email (option): jansenmarcel97@gmail.com

Re: Tire Pressure gauge norton

Marcel, this is a copy of what I posted on the 16H / Big 4 Facebook group :-

Do we actually know if there was a particular pressure gauge supplied for the SWD Big 4 ? By neither the WD16H nor the SWD Big 4, were they shown in the Norton Spare Parts Lists. If you refer to Rob van den Brink's site, you'll see that the WD16H M&I Manual includes a drawing of the later-war toolkit, and a listing which includes a pressure gauge and cover...We can see that it is of Dunlop manufacture. However, not only does the Big 4 manual not include a drawing, but the list doesn't mention a pressure gauge either....We could perhaps assume that the Big 4 also featured the same gauge, but the separate 'Vehicle Tools and Equipment' lists sometimes found in the 16H lists refer to "Tyre pressure gauge (incorporating valve tool) (if supplied) which suggests that they weren't a standard accessory. The WD description is "Gauges, pressure tyre, 10-50 lbs per square inch"...I would think that any 10 - 50lbs gauge from the well-known makes would be OK - Dunlop, Kismet (William Turner) or PCL . https://www.wdnorton.nl/Downloads.htm

Its a very good question, weren't later Big4s fitted with two tyre clamps so you could run low pressure's when off roading, a pressure gauge would be essential for getting it right and saving tyre life?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

All Big 4's were fitted with 2 tyre clamps! my Dunlop made pressure guage is a No.6 and says 6-50 psi. and has the core removal tool in the end.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

Nieuwe pagina 1