Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Forum picture

What I see is a G3L from contract S4555 in 1943 with what looks to me like a US Major riding with a higher ranking officer on the back.....With a soft rear tyre and a black Cocker Spaniel on the tank? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Lieutenant Colonel Chandler takes his bike for a spin. On the back is Major Louis Rafferty and on the front, his pet dog “Ack-Ack.” Ack-Ack was GI slang for “flak” or German antiaircraft fire.

Lieutenant-Colonel-Chandler-On-the-back-is-Major-Louis-Rafferty-and-on-his-dog-Ack-Ack

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I reckon he keeps that dog there to absorb the spills from the leaky piecrust petrol tank cap. Good idea!

FerG3
I reckon he keeps that dog there to absorb the spills from the leaky piecrust petrol tank cap. Good idea!
Not much chance of that while the left feet are firmly on the ground.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Mine never leaks a drop since i found a cure for it i can now fill it to the top

Is it a secret?..:laughing: ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

No it is not get some petrol proof gasket materiel cut it to fit on the inside of the tank filler but put a small hole in the middle the petrol cap keeps it in place you just need something with you to put in the hole to pull it out when filling the tank.It stops that big splash of petrol hitting the filler cap I did five hundred miles in normandy and it never leaked a drop before it was a pain.

Yes i did the same thing only with an pièce of alu plate works good .

email (option): jansenmarcel97@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1