Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Identify this shoulder bag please?

Hi Mark, its a leather spare ammunition bag carried in Bren Gun Carriers.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

That was quick, thanks very much Rob!
REgards, Mark

Over the years I've managed to find a full contingent of 8 of those bags for my carrier. Without exception, every one had to go to a saddler lady I know for some repair or other. Also they appear to be made from the hide of Cow and Hog and can be smooth or rippled. There is usually a Carrier 'TL' part number stamped somewhere, often on the carry handle. I think they are shaped for Bren Gun magazines. Ron
carrier-046
carrier-044

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for that Ron, nice to see how they were fitted. This one has TL14076 and EB Ltd 1945 stamped on the leather front of the main compartment. At the risk of seeming ungrateful, and I'm really not! It's in better condition than most of yours. Any idea what sort of price I should ask? I don't use it and it should be used or re-united with a vehicle I think. Thanks again,
REgards, Mark

I honestly can't remember what I paid for any of mine? Some where found at boot sales by friends who frequent such places and others from militaria fares and other collectors. Any price I suggest might seem biased. They are specific to Universal Carriers and the late date might limit the market. Let me know if you think of a price or an Ebay link. Ron
carrier-028

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for that Ron, I will do that.
REgards, Mark

Over the past 4 years I have bought and sold around a dozen of these while sorting a full set for my Carrier. Never paid more then £40 for a good one, as little as £25 for one needing repairs. As Ron says they have a limited market.
Mike

Thanks Mike, very helpful.
REgards, Mark

Nieuwe pagina 1