Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: wm20 tyre sizes

Yes they will. I've seen 400 x 19's fitted. I always fit the drum to the rear wheel with loctite on the bolts, but in that situation, you may have to deflate the rear tyre to get it under the mudguard. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,
Thank you for your reply.
The present tyres fitted are perished and have side wall splits so need replacement.
I've seen some tyres that are cheap really and thought them good for riding on grass/mud when at ww2 events yet look the part.
The bike is used little on the open road so tarmac grip is not quite so important.
Regards,
Paul

email (option): eastwood007@ntlworld.com

Paul,
3.75x19 tyres are probably from Russia, intended for Ural motorcycles, or China and intended for CJ750’s (an old BMW/Ural copy). Both those marques are normally used as sidecar outfits.
Whilst I don’t have experience of the Russian tyres you need to figure that they’re designed primarily for sidecar use and may be less than satisfactory on a solo machine.
I do however have an unpleasant experience of riding a solo CJ750, and I can report that the original tyres were absolutely lethal on a wet road because they’re square-shouldered and stiff, and I would think they’d also be very unpleasant to use on damp grass.
So if you’re going ahead with this, please use caution.

Nieuwe pagina 1