Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Military Motorcycle event in Australia - March 2020

Hi all, especially to those in Australia,
I am on the committee of Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Inc. and we organise the Annual Corowa Swim-In & Military Vehicle Gathering at Corowa, NSW. The 2020 event will be our 41st one and the theme will be Year of the Military Motorcycle. The information of this event is passed around the countries' military vehicle clubs, but we are aware that some owners may only belong to motorcycle clubs, or not even be club members at all, so we are spreading the word a little further. The latest newsletter covering the event is now on our website, www.corowaswim-in.org and here is a direct link to click on to;
https://935018b6-3e94-4904-91ad-69b2b32c7110.filesusr.com/ugd/431291_64281872ed544c46935d50f68a51407a.pdf

We are planning a dedicated run for the motorcycles on quiet back roads as much as possible with a lunch stop halfway.

If anyone would like more information please contact me or reply here. The event is for all types of ex-military vehicles so you are welcome to bring your jeep, Matilda tank or whatever as well!

best regards,
Richard Farrant
President - Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Inc.

email (option): kve.editor@btinternet.com

Re: Military Motorcycle event in Australia - March 2020

Hi,
Just to let any of you in Australia know, if you are considering attending the annual military vehicle gathering at Corowa NSW in March, the last newsletter before the event is now out. It is available to view on the website, www.corowaswim-in.org or you can click on the link below to go direct to the newsletter.

https://935018b6-3e94-4904-91ad-69b2b32c7110.filesusr.com/ugd/431291_192a9fba514b487f8831893693131782.pdf

The theme this year is Military Motorcycles. The event is open to any types of ex-military vehicles and is known as the largest gathering of these vehicles in Australia.

Best regards,
Richard Farrant
President - Khaki Vehicle Enthusiasts Inc.

Richard- what day is the run? And what start time?
i plan on being there on friday ,13th in the morning.

Hi,
The motorcycle run is scheduled to leave Ball Park Caravan Park at 9am on Friday morning. It will go to Wooragee, which is between Chiltern and Beechworth. Lunch will be at Wooragee.
Have you sent your entry in yet? I am collating the entries all the vehicles as entry forms come in.

best regards,
Richard

For anyone interested, here is a short video clip of a taster of the Corowa Swim-In & Military Vehicle Gathering held in March, just before the virus lockdown. Looks likely to be the only military vehicle show that I will attend in 2020.
Keith Webb has been making these videos for about 18 years or so and they are always ready for sale at the next event (March 2021). As this year's theme was Year of the Military Motorcycle, I thought some of you would be interested. We organised a great Motorcycle Rideout with everything from a 1930's Zundapp to relatively modern Yamaha and Suzuki machines, with BSA's, Enfield's, BMW's and Harley's in between taking part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZAsBkkLzh8

regards, Richard

Hi Richard,
thank you, what a fantastic video clip,it is great to see the bikes and love the army ducks hitting the river Murrray.
I only live 45k away at Wangaratta, we did get over for a look.

cheers Dave

email (option): jamfam@dragnet.com.au

David James
Hi Richard,
thank you, what a fantastic video clip,it is great to see the bikes and love the army ducks hitting the river Murrray.
I only live 45k away at Wangaratta, we did get over for a look.

cheers Dave
Hi Dave,
When we arrived in Corowa on the previous weekend, I looked down at the river while crossing the bridge to see the water level so low that the amphibs would not be able to launch out from the lagoon, so those views of the DUKW's and LARC were actually taken at nearby Lake Moodamere on the Victoria side adjacent to the Murray. I am putting the newsletter together at present and it has a lot of reports of the event from those taking part and will be up on our website once it is released. www.corowaswim-in.org

regards, Richard

Good to know the meeting still took place even with the coronavirus, and thanks for the video, it did look great!

email (option): czp02270tr@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1