Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA'S Up North

One of the last weekend motorbike camps of the year, up north with the Northumberland BSA lads at the OX INN near Scots Gap Northumberland
Freezing cold high winds on the way there, especially on the high ground at Tann Hill and enroute to Kiln Pitt Hill and drop down to Corbridge.
80 mile Journey back home on the Sunday, Mist, Fog, lashing rain like needles in the face, visor misting up, specs misting up, a fun day all round.
Wind that strong had to secure guy ropes to something above ground level to stop tent being blown flat (Kyham Poles)
ox inn 7
Sunrise over a cold sleepy M20
ox inn1
Entrance area to Cragside Hall home of the 1st Baron Armstrong 1810 - 1900, Founder of the Armstrong Whitworth armament firm, only firm at the time to compete with the German Krupp armaments firm.
ox inn 4
Parked up in Rothbury
ox inn 6
Had a scenic run out on the Saturday, wind and rain eased up, nice views over the Cheviot Hills and passing by the Otterburn Military Ranges.
Saturday night was the coldest, the temperature down to just above freezing.
Bike fully loaded with camping gear, even with the long steep pulls up to the highest points both ways, new carb seems to return about 45mpg!!. about 200 miles round trip.

Re: BSA'S Up North

"M20 Down South"
John you're a glutton for punishment! Last time I used my Kyham it was Easter time and reasonably warm.....(during the day). For lightness I only took a summer weight sleeping bag and it was bloody freezing at night:confounded:

We went a round about route via Portland Bill on the way and Hardy's Monument in Dorchester on the way back.....About 150 mile round trip. At least I can still do it if I want! Ron

M20-462
M20-464

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: BSA'S Up North

Ron Pier
\"M20 Down South\"
John you\'re a glutton for punishment! Last time I used my Kyham it was Easter time and reasonably warm.....(during the day). For lightness I only took a summer weight sleeping bag and it was bloody freezing at night:confounded:

We went a round about route via Portland Bill on the way and Hardy\'s Monument in Dorchester on the way back.....About 150 mile round trip. At least I can still do it if I want! Ron

\
\
Well done Ron, with you all the way, never give in, nice photographs. JohnB

Nieuwe pagina 1