Chassis 16977

Overhauled, 3 - 53

MTRS No B266

Insp WV3- 102

Any help information appreciated
JohnB

Re: Help with Information

Hi John,

His BSA is build under contract C5610 - 21, it had tank number C4143410 and it left the factory 5-4-1940. Here a photo of a bike slightly later and a little damaged but this is what it looked like. You know what the missing parts look like.

Henk

C4143689-WM20-17256

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk Joore
Hi John,

His BSA is build under contract C5610 - 21, it had tank number C4143410 and it left the factory 5-4-1940. Here a photo of a bike slightly later and a little damaged but this is what it looked like. You know what the missing parts look like.

Henk

Hi Henk
Information much appreciated
JohnB

And I suppose it should have an 8" headlamp,not the later smaller one.

They used 8" head lights for a pretty long period and this BSA would certainly have had an 8"headlight.

Henk

Henk Joore
They used 8" head lights for a pretty long period and this BSA would certainly have had an 8"headlight.

Henk
Hi Henk

With the information you supplied my friend is now going to celebrate his M20's
80th birthday on the exact date next year!!

Is there any indication on the information you have as to which unit/regiment the bike was
with prior to its release into civvy street.

Once again many thank's for the info

JohnB

Hi John,

These factory ledgers mention where these bikes went when they left the factory and that was usually The War Office or The Ministry of Supply. You have to be very lucky to find out to what unit it finally went. Some find indications under a few layers of old paint but that's quite rare. With some BSA's the ledgers mention the country it went to but not the unit it would go to.

Henk

Hi John,

On the www.wdnorton.nl website you can read why unit history is basically impossible to find.
I added it to help potential buyers to assess the validity of the most wonderful stories about a bikes history as being used by sellers to increase value.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1