Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Opperation Market Garden, Arnhem 2019

I went on the OMG 2019 tour and "Race to the Bridge" for the 75th anniversary of Arnhem. We had a great time with our friends from Zeeland. I'd not been before and both rides were long from our base camp with a lot of 1st and 2nd gear riding on the actual routes. The roads were closed both ways so riding to the front then resting until all the trucks went past, then riding to the front again was the only way to do it on a bike. I did about 230 miles in 2 days and 2 weeks later I still can't feel the end of my finger on my right hand, I'm hoping it will come back. The OMG tour is every 5 years so if I go next year it'll be a bit more relaxed. It was good fun with none or our bikes breaking down. The Model 18 went well, but did suffer 5 broken saddle springs and I lost the top off my ignition lever. All minor stuff.

Here's some pictures.

Our camp

DSC-8805

DSC-8807

Met a few forum members over the weekend.

DSC-8847

DSC-8846

Eary 7:30am start for the OMG North route

20190922-071311

20190922-102838

DSC-8904

DSC-8809

DSC-8906

DSC-8907

DSC-8899

20190922-164722

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: Opperation Market Garden, Arnhem 2019

Quite a few faces I recognize. Wendy, Lex, Tibo and is that Big Pete Morgan in the distance behind Lex? Sven, Baz and of course the Zealanders.:+1: Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Dave,

For us Dispatch Riders Zeeland it was great that you and Wendy joined us at Basecamp! Thank you for making the effort to join us, we had a lot of fun! It was also a contribution to the memory of the Battle of Arnhem, where so many Allies lost their lives. We hope to see you again next year at the Race to the bridge!

It was nice to meet you guys and the ride was great

Hi Dave,

It was very nice to see you again! Wonder when the next time will be?
The weather was great and very welcome after 2 previous years with pooring rain...

Untitled

Let us know if you want to come over in a 'normal' year (other riders as well!) so we can organise a few nice rides to interesting places.

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Sven
Hi Dave,

It was very nice to see you again! Wonder when the next time will be?
The weather was great and very welcome after 2 previous years with pooring rain...

\

Let us know if you want to come over in a \'normal\' year (other riders as well!) so we can organise a few nice rides to interesting places.

Regards,

Sven
Sven, thats a good plan.
Regards. Bram

That sounds good Sven 🙂
The weather was fantastic this year, I'm really glad we weren't doing that in the rain.

Hi David where was the OMG tour based/camped ? Jane & myself did our own thing with some others but we did pop into the ABWO camp to see Lex & others a couple of times and also went on a run with them.
I also saw you on the race for the Bridge run & did follow you a couple of times but didn't manage to attract your attention, I was on my Ariel WNG but had the Norton 16H as a backup.
Regards Ian

Hi Ian, sorry I missed you, I didn't see you, there were so many people around i was trying my best not to lose the people I was with. The base camp was at Schijndel if you were doing the North route. Next year will be more relaxed to catch up with people I hope.

Horror
Hi Ian, sorry I missed you, I didn\'t see you, there were so many people around i was trying my best not to lose the people I was with. The base camp was at Schijndel if you were doing the North route. Next year will be more relaxed to catch up with people I hope.
Hi David just checked out Schijndel & it appears to be along way from Arnhem ? whats the north route ? Ian

It's the route the British army travelled up to Arnhem, it starts in Belgium. It's split into 2 routes for the sake of this tour, South and North. Some people do both routes and travel from Belgium to Schijndel, then do the North route to Oosterbeek, so a long ride at 10mph. The Police close the roads so it must cause a lot of disruption, but 1000's of people are lining the roads. The trouble with being camped at Schijndel is we're 60km away from everything. Next year we'll be nearer Arnhem.

Nieuwe pagina 1