Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic B33 ridged rear wheel.

I am having trouble finding a rear wheel for a ridged B33 frame .Does anyone know if an M20 wheel will fit ?

Re: Off topic B33 ridged rear wheel.

Not without modification...

I have a swinging arm 'crinkle hub' wheel fitted to the rear of my rigid B33...However, I had to make a new spindle and some other parts and I still used the rigid brake plate...Also, the crinkle hub no longer functions in the 'quickly detachable' role...

I replaced the original wheel about 25 years ago as wheel bearings for the rigid wheel are hard to find and expensive and the brake drum riveted to the hub makes sprocket replacement difficult/impossible for various reasons...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Nick, I used a Triumph 500 rear hub (non speedo type) on my rigid framed B33. The triumph hub is a much better design, whereby the drum bolts to a simple spool type hub, and the sprocket bolts to the drum. Shoes, wheel bearings and the like are all readily available & inexpensive. I used the triumph axle and nuts, and made up my own spacers.

Noted for the future...A good choice for the job..I used the later BSA wheel simply because I had one at the time!....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I have a spare wheel I am willing to part with, it does not have the spindle or bearings but I think these are available. if you are interested let me know.

email (option): eonranson@hotmail.com

Thanks everyone.
I have a QD wheel and a break drum that i had foregotten about .
The hub reference is 68-6103 which I believe is from an A65, i have no idea what the QD wheel is from but it has a speedo drive and it looks to be about the right width and the drum fits it,so, so far so good.
I have a spare stub axle from a B33 plunger wheel that looks like with a bit of reducing in width and length will fit though the hub and engage on the wheel bearing .
So guess its just a question if playing with the parts and looking for a spindle and some spacers.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Random
I have a spare wheel I am willing to part with, it does not have the spindle or bearings but I think these are available. if you are interested let me know.
Hi Random is the rear wheel still for sale?

email (option): Seamusmalone15@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1