Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More sad news

http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com/

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: More sad news

Oh Damn. A nice bloke and a decent knowledgeable service. I had seen that they had discontinued the mail order business.

Kempton Park won't be the same without them.

Oh what a shame. I have only recently bought a chain from them. They will be missed.

Dealt with Jane over the phone many times, i brought all my chains from them, they gave good friendly advice with a prompt service. Sad news indeed and all the best to Jane in this sad time.

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Good people both of them

Dad to hear he passed so suddenly

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Good people both of them

Sad to hear he passed so suddenly

Jo’b

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

yes friends Bad news
But this is the life :cry:

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

I have known John and Jane for many years and used to visit their home in Evesham in the early days. Such lovely friendly people and very knowledgeable about their business. I do hope Jane finds a way to carry on. JT

That is sad news and primarily my sympathies go to his wife...

Taking a broader view, unfortunately this is a recurring theme along with many long time dealers/mechanics/suppliers retiring....

In the last year or so my wheel builder of choice has retired, the chap who has done my mags for over 20 years has retired, the dealer I got most of my stainless fasteners from has died (Stainless Steve). The main Gold Star dealer/builder in the country has gone semi retired (Phil Pearson) etc. etc....

It is very regrettable that some have died and the majority of the luckier ones will choose to retire at some point, as I have myself..

I certainly do worry now that there is no 'follow on generation' with the skills and experience to replace all these people and the effect over time will most likely be to make life a lot more difficult when the businesses and services we tend to take for granted disappear...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Jane just sent me some pictures. She said "A humanist service with no tears" (she tried) and a party afterwards. She's still pondering a way forward with the business. Ron

DSC06783

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1