Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Flea wreck madness

Field Bike ! Worth 30 bob as a runner. Chuck it in the quarry if it ain't. :grinning:

RARE a word commonly used on ebay! must be very rare as bids already top the £1000 mark!

I wonder if the bidders have studied the pictures properly? The forks, front frame section and wheels are Flea (WW2?? possibly!) Most of what I can see of the engine is post war. The rear frame is a bent to fit M20, the front engine plates are M20, the rear guard is also part of an M20 guard and the rear mudguard stay is an M20 front guard stay/stand.

To my mind there could be some useful bits........If not too rusty or knackered! Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Maybe some people are paying a game here

….playing….

I wonder if we are all missing the point here, our hobby is "classic military motorcycles" which is a sub group of both "classic military vehicles" and "classic motorcycles", both of which are sub groups of even larger subjects.

Thus our hobby has long been at a premium because it fell into several other larger hobby types.

But there are also other increasingly popular hobbies which can share some factors of our subject, one of the currently trendy ones is "Steam punk" which I confess I don't really understand but apparently can make a tatty top had more desirable than a perfect one turning the traditional antique markets on there heads, and in the case of vehicles old and rusty better than restored. There is also this odd and potentially damaging trend of turning random old objects into lamps and coffee tables. Early this year I had a stall and a young couple nearly bought a rare wartime wooden toolbox from me to leave out in the garden for their kids to use as a treasure chest where it would have rotted away, I managed to put them off.

Maybe that is the destiny of this rusty Enfield which to me is beyond practical restoration and probably not a military motorcycle anyway, but gives it a greater value than we are used to?

IMHO Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

In that case, I expect Henry Cole and Drew Pritchard are amongst the bidders. :relaxed: Ron

I see that someone has dropped out of the bidding now and it's back to about a quarter of what it was. Ron

Garden ornament?....This B31 came out of a hedge and as you can see there are parts of the frame that haven't yet corroded away...There's a hole in the top of the gearbox and a lot of fins missing from the other side....a snip at £25...:smirk:

I've got a similar M20 engine (just along the wall from this one:laughing:)...

Somehow I don't think that will be the fate of the flea...Some of it definitely looks usable and if it's cheap enough it's a starting point for someone if they don't have one and can't afford a more complete/better example...

I think the Aussie auction M20 is just as mad..if not more so..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1