Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: James ml tyres.

They do look nice Bjorn. But don't forget, you need 275 x 19.
https://www.wheelhousetyres.co.uk/2-75-19-45p-cheng-shin-c117-universal.html

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,

thanks for your opinion.

regards,
Bjorn

I have original 2.75 x 19 Dunlop Universal's on my WD/RE.......the James ML uses the same tyre, so for both of my ML's I've fitted the Cheng Shin block type in a 2.75 x 19.....after much searching they were the closest match to the original Dunlop's...........

It's well worth doing an extensive Ebay/Internet search for these Cheng Shin tyres......there are many suppliers (in the UK) and the price varies considerably from around £50 each to (I found) a bargain £32 each including courier delivery.........certainly well worth spending the time looking on line to save money.......

Similarly, I have original worn Dunlop universals on my ML and the Cheng Shins on my Flea. Ron
DSCF1847

Steve Madden
I have original 2.75 x 19 Dunlop Universal's on my WD/RE.......the James ML uses the same tyre, so for both of my ML's I've fitted the Cheng Shin block type in a 2.75 x 19.....after much searching they were the closest match to the original Dunlop's...........

It's well worth doing an extensive Ebay/Internet search for these Cheng Shin tyres......there are many suppliers (in the UK) and the price varies considerably from around £50 each to (I found) a bargain £32 each including courier delivery.........certainly well worth spending the time looking on line to save money.......
Steve, do you perhaps have a tyre code I can google to compare?
As the 'Sheng Shin block type' doens't ring any bell to me ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Bjorn

email (option): bjorn_schelfaut@hotmail.com

I can't think of anything that is available that is more suitable than the C117's that we've already spoken about.
https://www.vintagetyres.com/shop/tyres/cheng-shin-c117-universal-275-19

But maybe look at the ones Arnaud has used!

https://www.bonspneus.fr/fr/TyreSize/DetailTyre/Moto/2.75-0-19/2-75-19-49P-VRM-021-Front_15183122/15183122?Reinforced=False&Runflat=False&HasAngebotderWoche=False&Sort=stock&SortDirection=dsc

Ron

Bjorn, as Ron mentions the Cheng Shin tyre is a C117 in a 275 x 19....

Regards, Steve

Yes i use these tyre, they look very good, not "too much" trial very good dimensions ( i also have an original WD dunlop) but i hope to never have to take them off, mounting is very ,very thick!!! i think these tyres are for modern alloy rims ( i've got the same on a trial bike and they fit perfect), and i think also they are not made for old dunlop rims... if you want run the bike hope you never have to puncture repair near the road!with these tyres.
after very long research by web ( china also) i only found these and some others in the states that i couldn't import, but think it's the same fitting problems.

Arnaud

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

Hi Arnaud. The Cheng Shin tyres are quite soft and pliable and I've even fitted them without tyre levers by just treading them on. I paint liquid hand soap around the bead. :relaxed: Ron

vee rubber are soft also, but extremely rigid and small in diameter( at the inner diameter that go on the wheel, sorry i don't have the english word for)
with these lot of soap, and heavy motorcycle tyre lever to fit on the original dunlop rims, it look like you try to fit a 18 inch tyre on a 19 rim!! strangely, they mount relatively free on Akront alloy...:thinking_face:

email (option): leger-arnaud@wanadoo.fr

great,

Will have a look at the C117 tyres then. Thanks for the help guys.

regards,
Bjorn

Nieuwe pagina 1