The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: and this wm20 on downunder ebay

Ron Pier
As an aside. I've just been reading on another forum from Australian collectors, that there is a regime on asbestos. With border guards inspecting vehicles that might contain Asbestos, and serious costs and possible heavy fines and confiscation of vehicle.:white_frowning_face:
Ron
https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/australian-border-force-detects-asbestos-in-classic-cars-owners-risk-thousands-of-dollars-in-fines/news-story/558ae57b52f7e995237f6e3193ea62b1

https://www.racq.com.au/Living/Articles/Asbestos-warning
Yes it is a regular PIA.
The person who used to do my importing has closed down because of it.
And it smells just a little bit as you can have a totally asbestos free vehicle, complete with receipts for new brakes ,& clutchs but still be told to get it certified and even if found to be clean you still have to fork out for it.
However back yard internet vendors can bring in asbestos gaskets from India & China but they never ever get pinged.
So I rather feel one or more of the commercial resellers is working a government backed scam to prevent any opposition.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

BSA-WM20-RETURNS

Arrived home today with the M20 i previously owned and restored, purchased back again

Dave J.

email (option): jamfam@dragnet.com.au

Good man...I hope you enjoy it the second time round....Keep it this time!!..:laughing: ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,
it`s a long story but i am happy to have it back.

Dave J.

A trial run for the BSA National at Handdorf I hope.:grinning:

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Hi Trevor,
the bike was purchased from Adelaide, I am in North East Victoria.

Dave.J.

Nieuwe pagina 1