Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scammer alert

Was contacted by someone from this forum who said they were breaking apart a pristine and restored M20 for parts (already sounded odd). They sent pictures, gorgeous motorcycle. They gave a price quote on the parts I wanted (ridiculously low price). Claimed several times the M20 was in the U.S., and I had to pay for the parts prior to removal by his "mechanic". Kept insisting on me giving my address.

Then I pointed out to him, in the pictures he sent, "the outlets on the wall look like 220v 50 Hertz (which is used overseas) and here in the United States we use 110v 60 Hertz, a completely different plug style. A very minor detail that most would not even notice."

Haven't heard back :joy:

The "seller" goes by the name Neil Wilson with a gmail account. Just a warning.

email (option): questmasters(at)hotmail(dot)com

Re: Scammer alert

Would it be worth posting up pictures of the bike he sent you ? If there is actually a bike someone might recognise it.

email (option): joncvsv8@yahoo.co.uk

Normally an image lifted off the web.
I really wish you had sent the email to the fraud squad with your comments.
This type of cyber crime is taken seriously now days so the police will oft take it over, string them along and then make an arrest.
One that I came across ended up in a multi country operation and turned out to be a major crime gang.
They were well aware of them and took over one of my email addresses to join in the sting.
The AFP down here are a bit preocupied being political footballs but they passed it on to the FBI .
All I know is " Multiple arrests have been made in multiple countries for multiple crimes "

I used to alert Ebay & Gumtree but the best that ever happened was the seller was banned and then turned up a few days latter, same photos, same descriptions different name.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Thats what I got when I advertised for Sunbeam spares. Putting in your email address seems to be a pretty sure way of attracting the scumbags.

Hi all,

I am contacted by the same 'Neil Wilson'. He reacted on my post about the BSA M21 piston I am looking for. He told me the same story, breaking up a BSA M21. The photo of the bike he used is on the internet, so probably he stole it from a website. He also gave me a very low price for the parts I wanted to have. I told him that I wanted to see all the parts on one photo before we could proceed with the deal. He reacted angry that he first wanted to be paid.

I have tracked the telephone number he gave me, it didn't match the Address he send to me. The Adress he gave me is from a house which is for sale somewhere in Texas, the telephonenumber he gave me is from a other Address in the Texas.

Watch out for this guy and don't buy from this person.

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): wdmotorcycles@gmail.com

He contacted me as well...It didn't seem genuine and I ignored it...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Bastiaan
Hi all,

I am contacted by the same 'Neil Wilson'. He reacted on my post about the BSA M21 piston I am looking for. He told me the same story, breaking up a BSA M21. The photo of the bike he used is on the internet, so probably he stole it from a website. He also gave me a very low price for the parts I wanted to have. I told him that I wanted to see all the parts on one photo before we could proceed with the deal. He reacted angry that he first wanted to be paid.

I have tracked the telephone number he gave me, it didn't match the Address he send to me. The Adress he gave me is from a house which is for sale somewhere in Texas, the telephonenumber he gave me is from a other Address in the Texas.

Watch out for this guy and don't buy from this person.

Regards,
Bastiaan
If it is recent then pass the details along to your local police fraud squad.
Warning us will not stop him from doing the same to others.
Getting a couple of years will slow him down and even better if the IRS then takes a close look at his finances.
We need to get rid of scumbags not just chase them away to steal form some one else.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

I had this from him on Friday......Even though I didn't advertise for anything. Ron

To: ronpier@talk21.com
Subject: http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=9030&msgid=1415653&cmd=show

Hello,
I am Neil, just want to know if you are still interested in wm20 spares you requested for , please shoot me an email if you are still interested.
Have a nice day

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Trevor,

I have already checked with the Dutch police, but they are only willing to start an investigation if I am really a victim of the scammer. I am not a victim, because I have not paid "Neil Wilson".

Regards,
Bastiaan

email (option): recce_van_niel@hotmail.com

That Neil Wilson is a busy chap! He contacted me about my desire for a B33 engine and offered me one at a "good" price but somehow the picture he sent was familar and when I looked back through my search history there it was, an engine sold some time before in the UK for considerably more than he was asking. When I told him I was no longer interested he sent me a whole stream of emails so I bloked him. He really is giving the good people of Texas a bad name! Any way "Neil" is properly a very small wheel in a larger machine and the chances of bringing him to book are remote as so far no crime (to me) has been committed. The only wise course is not to part with your money until you have see the goods.
Richard

I don't think he's a Teaxan. Even for an American, his use of English is pretty poor (unless he's the president ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best to regard this message board as akin to a Pub. If an unknown walks in offering to sell stuff then it's probably iffy...the regulars are generally known either for asking advice or giving it...The odd one can still slip under the radar but there have been few problems over the years.

I’ve also had a message from this scammer, told me it was his dads bike that had passed away he had blanked out the contract number on the G3l tank.

Cheers
Colin

Nieuwe pagina 1