The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: C542776 WD Motorcycle

Hi David

Fascinating, could you share the original document with us?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I hope that David won't mind me posting this as it has already been shared on the internet. It's easier than posting a link to the original pdf.

25-Base-Signals

Any ideas, Rob as to the function of a Base Signals Unit and why I can't find them in an establishment anywhere ?

If you zoom in and look closely at that number. It looks to me like it should have been written up with triple 7 but only written up with double 7 and the missing 7 has been added/squeezed in after the 2.???? that would make it the 4359th Triumph 3HW from the 5000 under contract S2956.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I wondered about that, Ron but decided it looked more like the tail of the 'f' from the line above. If it's a '7' then it's a different style. It doesn't work as '1542776' as that falls outside of the rebuilds and '4542776' is not a motorcycle either so I'm sure that it was one of the 3HW contract.

Rik,

Sorry for the delay in answering you, many thanks for posting, it saved me!

I appreciate the comments for you and Rob, unfortunately I still can't get any information on his unit.

Reading this made me smile. My father claimed to have lost one of his bikes, but I'm sure he would have sold it! Other riders had came to an unpleasant end. I expect his idea was that if the bike was "stolen" his punishment would be not to be given another. Sadly there is no record of him ever serving, only a small collection of "military holiday snaps" that only really make sense now I have identified a shoulder patch.

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1