Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WM20 Gearbox Problem

The difference between the dimensions of the two shafts (.1mm or .004") is a lot! Which dimension is the correct one? I am guessing the smaller one.

I am always supecious of NOS parts as on a few occasions (not just BSA) you find out after having bought the part the reason it was sitting on the shelf unused for many years as it was made wrong.

I currently have a NOS Triumph pre-unit clutch basket I bought a few months ago still wrapped in paper that the bearing race was ground too big by about .012". So now I know why it was NOS after 50 years. Also have a NOS BSA M21 output gear where the splines were made wrong and the drive chain sprocket won't fit.

Re: WM20 Gearbox Problem

Stop, the difference between the dimensions of the two shafts (.1mm or .004") is a lot! Which dimension is the correct one? I am guessing the smaller one. Unless there is evidence of .004" wear on the old shaft. Something is wrong.

I am always supecious of NOS parts as on a few occasions (not just BSA) you find out after having bought the part the reason it was sitting on the shelf unused for many years as it was made wrong.

I currently have a NOS Triumph pre-unit clutch basket I bought a few months ago still wrapped in paper that the bearing race was ground too big by about .012". So now I know why it was NOS after 50 years. Also have a NOS BSA M21 output gear where the splines were made wrong and the drive chain sprocket won't fit.

Nieuwe pagina 1