Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: my WD M20 carburettor and possible blocking of pilot jet. Advice valued

Thank you both for further advice and clarification. Now at last i think i understand how to remove the jets - pushing them out rather than unscrewing them. I haven't tried to remove them as I think the jets are clear and the engine now seems to be running much more regularly at low speed, so my next plan is to go for a run and see if how it runs in the shed is how it will stay running out over a distance. I am crossing my fingers. Sincere thanks for your really helpful feedback. peter

The upper half of the jetblock is very easily damaged/distorted and lots of them are.....especially if the carb has a larger bore, like the M21, here the top only stands on 2 very thin brass legs.

To tap out the jetblock without putting force on the top half I made this very simple tool from a spoke and a piece of aluminum.

IMG-7318

IMG-7317

BR Michiel

No No No! The jets are screwed in. Don't try and drift them out. Michiel's advice and home made tool are for removing the jet block. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Got it, thanks Ron, that at least is one mistake i won't be making now!! I feel a lot more confident about this now and if things don't go well with riding then i will try taking out the jets. I found getting the block out, with care and balsa wood and hammer - and then putting it back, straightforward. thankfully.

it is great to have this website and all the knowledge that goes with it. with thanks again and all best peter

Nieuwe pagina 1