Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Indian Motorcycle questions....

Ian just a heads up! Over the years I've restored two 741's and two Chief's and worked on others and am quite familiar with the intricacies of the Indian twist grips.

Basically unless you remove the whole assembly from another bike, you have to buy/acquire all the parts separately from #1-#17 plus grips! Although I don't remember ever having used or seen shims #9 (I guess for fine tuning any lash from the spiral)

It pays to check with any after market parts that they slide together nicely by filing any sharp edges and then grease/oil on assembly. Ron

GP1628850370

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for the info....It seems it's both complex and hard to find rather than a simple twist grip manufactured 'backwards' so to speak....

I'm hoping the other solution to the problem I'm about to try will work out OK...I've got a pal who, for medical reasons, needs to have a left hand throttle if he is to keep riding...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ah! I'm with you now. I thought you were actually working on an Indian. A different food for thought. So far I can only think of things like pre war BSA which had an internal pull twist grip on both sides (ign on left) The bar would need to have the correct slot milled in and the parts are again difficult to find and expensive. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

NABD are a great organisation for parts if you need to adapt a bike because of a disability. I'm sure they'll do left hand throttles.

http://www.nabd.org.uk/

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1