Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: James spanner’s.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143738052@N05/48233501942/in/dateposted-public/
Hopefully the picture is here.
94936561-68D8-4B5A-9850-5AA415A75794

email (option): austonchamp@gmail.com

John, for info' the "ML" marked spanners in the tool kit are fairly commonplace.....two spanners, one marked "ML55" and the other "ML56", plus the larger "C"-spanner for the exhaust pipe nuts "ML57"............much more difficult to find are the tyre levers (3 supplied) marked "ML58".......these tools (six items in total) are the only ML-specific and marked items........everything else in the tool kit were generic WD items, comprising magneto points spanner (two supplied), 4" adjustable spanner, chain-link tool, 6" pliers, screwdriver, tin of chain links, coil of 18 gauge binding wire, roll of insulating tape, tyre repair kit, spare Lodge C3 (18mm) spark plug in box, plus the rider's handbook, tyre pump and tool bag...........note the absence of a grease gun......

Interesting to note that although generic items in the broad sense, clearly some items (such as the tool bag) were for the ML only........

This tool is marked "ML Coventry", is it the correct one for the wartime James ML tool kit?

Rob

ml-mag

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

I don't recognize it from the parts list image Rob. As far as I can see and have collected, all the spanners and tyre levers have 'JAMES ML' and a two figure number 55-56-57 etc. But if it's a magneto spanner? I'd be happy to buy it and add it to my ML kit ....If it's surplus to your requirements. Ron

Scan-20190915-4

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

M-L of Coventry is Morris & Lister, makers of the revered 'Maglita' generator.

Thank you Rik.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1