The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: triumph trw

Hi Roger,

I recently had a set of bags made by Frank Brown in the UK. They look very nice. I think he also makes them in green.
Just drop me an email if you need futher information.

Cheers,
Bas

email (option): ww2biker(at)gmail(dot)com

LMS Lichfield did have TRW bikes and spares, but dwindling, I suspect. But they still advise ringing them to check. http://eshop.lmslichfieldltd.com/epages/BT4011.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4011/Categories/Triumph_TRW_Parts

hi Roger ,

Noticed you bought a TRW .

I bought mine approx 35 years ago ( about 30 % complete at that time) and started 7 years ago to finish the project.

I put all my actions on a Blog unfortunately in Dutch.

here is the hyperlink :

http://tdvma.blogspot.com/search/label/merk%20Triumph%20TRW

photo's will explain mostly the subject.

be aware to clean the sludge trap inside the bigend ! easy job and intersting construction ! you need to line the flywheels afterwards :white_frowning_face:

also don't overspeed the engine so that it starts to use heavy oil consumption and the engine runs out of oil !

the babbit bearings in de conrod will melt down ! en that is not easy to replace ! I was lucky that I bought a second engine 35 years ago !

also be aware the fiber gear in the engine is not the standard triumph one that is offered on ebay etc ...it has less teeth.

and the magneto is turning the other side than with standard 2 cylinder triumphs....I started with a standard K2F....needs but a BTH is standard and not to find/affordable.

these last two subjects took me quite a while to find out why the bike didn't want to start and run properly.

even now I have problems with cold running , most probably because of the not correct ignition retarding unit and perhaps the wrong carburateur....The solex 3TA looks the same but is for 350 cc 2 cylinder model and not 500 cc as TRW needs. so perhaps I have a wrong carb I realized this week when I got the TRW running after some years of rest.

Regards

Ruud

Nieuwe pagina 1