Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Free, Newnes motor cycle repair and upkeep

Downloaded and much appreciated. Thanks

Stuart

email (option): stu.gibbins@btinternet.com

Hi Stuart,

I just downloaded the magazines, thanks very much very interesting.

All the best,
Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I downloaded. They look to be very useful. Thanks.

email (option): richardpurkiss@hotmail.com

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for sharing! !

Cheers,

André

Huge thanks Stuart
that must have taken some time and effort to do. Very generous and kind spirited of you. I shall really look forward to reading them.

Thanks All

To answer your question Dean a total of 6 hours scanning.

They seam to be hard to get so the price is high, I picked up this set for just over 200 pounds, so I thought if I digitize and make it available free it may bring down the cost of the original ones for others.

The Magazines are only 6 x 9 inches in actual size.

Regards

Stuart

email (option): deepsea@vol.net

Love these old magazines! Thanks for sharing Stuart!
Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register(at)gmail.com

Add another thank you to the list.
I doubt it will make any difference to the prices though.
When periodicals get that sort of age they enter the domain of the paper collectors.
Most of them do not care about the information inside it is the age & condition of the paper.
In the old book market things like BSA riders handbooks will fetch well over $ 100 if they are in pristine condition.
I have seen them change hands for better than $ 200 and a BSA riders diary which was part of the kit when you bought a de-luxe version went for over a grand, I dropped out at $ 150 as there is no more BSA information in it than the std riders handbook.

I got a tatty one at a swap meet for $ 5

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Hi Stuart

Absolutely brilliant thanks for taking the time to do this

Cheers

Barry

email (option): deadhorsesdontgetbackup@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you Stuart for taking the time and the sharing these. They are a look into the past to see how ordinary people repaired their motorcycles in the day. Seems to be a lot of use with hammers, but if a hammer is used at the correct place with a correct strike then the desired result can be achieved. Things are done a little different now but times have moved on and most of us can either afford better tools and pay for services from a proper machine shop.
I have known about these mags but never looked through one. They have some great information in them on rare bikes like the narrow angled twins and fours from Matchless plus rare OHC info. The timing chats are very useful, thank you again Stuart.

Tim W

Tim W
Thank you Stuart for taking the time and the sharing these. They are a look into the past to see how ordinary people repaired their motorcycles in the day. Seems to be a lot of use with hammers, but if a hammer is used at the correct place with a correct strike then the desired result can be achieved. Things are done a little different now but times have moved on and most of us can either afford better tools and pay for services from a proper machine shop.
I have known about these mags but never looked through one. They have some great information in them on rare bikes like the narrow angled twins and fours from Matchless plus rare OHC info. The timing chats are very useful, thank you again Stuart.

Tim W
It actually goes towards something I am regularly on about.
We fuss & fiddle with the bikes now days when in the period they got a whack from the hammer then off to work.
Some of the timing details look a bit suspect

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Newnes books

Hello Stuart,

Thanks so much for making these books available. It was very generous of you to do so, and it's much appreciated!

All my best wishes, Allan

email (option): allanmatchless@yahoo.com

I would just like to add my thanks to Stuart for taking the time to scan the booklets. Very informative and interesting. A window into the practices of a bygone time.

email (option): mcdonnell.roberts@sympatico.ca

Nieuwe pagina 1